Alternative Dispute Resolution Training
- CIArb Accelerated Route to Fellowship (International Arbitration) Assessment, 2018.
- ICC 16th Miami Conference on International Arbitration, 2018.
- ABA 11th Annual Arbitration Training: A Comprehensive Training in Advanced Arbitration Skills, 2018.
- AAA Construction Conference, 2018.
- AAA Mediator Essentials: Skills for Facilitating Negotiated Agreements, 2017.
- Multiple AAA seminars from 2000 – 2018.
- AAA Construction Arbitrator II Training, 2002.
- AAA Construction Industry Arbitrator Training, 1998.
- AAA Basic Arbitrator Training, 1997.
- American Arbitration Association, Neutral Arbitrator, Construction, Commercial, Large and Complex Case Panels.
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- American Bar Association:
- Dispute Resolution Section: Assistant Secretary; Model Arbitration Rules Working Group; Committees on International Dispute Resolution, Arbitration (Cybersecurity Subcommittee), Ethics, Mediation, and Women in Dispute Resolution.
- ABA Forum on Construction Law: Divisions on International Construction, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, and Government Construction.
- ABA International Law Section: Committees on International Arbitration, Latin America and Caribbean, and Mexico.
- International Chamber of Commerce / U.S. Council for International Business.
- International Bar Association.
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association (Past Board Member).
- Dispute Resolution Board Foundation.
Publications, Presentations, and Teaching
Organizer and Presenter, Emergency and Interim Relief in Domestic and International Arbitration, American Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section Spring Conference, April 2019.
“Emergency Relief in Domestic and International Construction Arbitration,” 39 The Construction Lawyer 2 (co-author with Joseph Matthews) (American Bar Association, Spring 2019). Click here for article
“How to Structure a Persuasive Prehearing Brief in Construction Arbitration,” Under Construction (ABA Nov. 2018).
“Preparing Reasoned Awards in Arbitration,” Just Resolutions (American Bar Association, Nov. 2018). Click here for article
“May an Arbitrator Conduct Independent Legal Research – A Brief Overview – Part 1,” Arbitration Committee Newsletter (American Bar Association, Aug. 2018). Click here for article
“May an Arbitrator Conduct Independent Legal Research – A Brief Overview – Part 2,” Arbitration Committee Newsletter (American Bar Association, Nov. 2018). Click here for article
Co-author and editor of second editions and annual cumulative supplements for 2003-2005 and 2008-2013 of Calculating Construction Damages, Calculating Lost Labor Productivity in Construction Claims, and Practical Guide to Construction Contract Surety Claims, all authored by William Schwartzkopf and published by Wolters Kluwer.
Adjunct Professor of Law at DU Law School for several years, teaching Pretrial Practicum and Evidence classes.